|Job type||Part Time|
Job Title : Pharmacy Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Pharmacy Revision Date: 07/2020
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Ensures cleanliness of department. Orders product and supplies and logs invoices as necessary.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers Of GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacists
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
• escorting them to the products they're looking for
• securing products that are out of reach
• loading or unloading heavy items
• making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
• performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Stocks received product and supplies and marks stickers accordingly.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Reviews prescriptions that are not picked up as requested by department manager.
9. Orders product and supplies at the department managers request.
10. Reviews invoices on product received.
11. Coordinates nursing home medicines as necessary.
12. Logs invoices as necessary.
13. Prepares the paper work and compiles medicine for delivery orders and mail outs at the request of the department manager.
14. Cleans, empties garbage, etc. to ensure the pharmacy has a clean and inviting appearance.
15. Takes orders for refills from customers.
16. Removes trash in a timely manner.
17. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
18. Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
19. Keeps pharmacy supplies well stocked.
20. Performs cash transactions.
21. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
22. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
23. Administer vaccines as allowed by law
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes the sale.
2. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
3. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Over six months up to one year of similar or related experience.If applicable, vaccination certification as required by law.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
This position is exposed to noise on a daily basis. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information.
repairs on equipment.
Deals with the general public on a daily basis, works with suppliers/vendors monthly.
I understand that this pharmacy handles and prepares hazardous drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that personnel of reproductive capability understand the risks of handling hazardous drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure to hazardous drugs may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to follow pharmacy policies and procedures may put me at greater risk of exposure to hazardous drugs.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating 240 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $9.3 billion annually. Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States.
Supermarket News, the authoritative voice of the food industry, has honored the company with a Whole Health Enterprise Award for its leadership in providing services and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle.